If you are involved with in-flight entertainment for an airline, then you’ll want to ensure that your passengers have plenty of content choice to keep them occupied during their journey. Having a high quality in-flight entertainment package increases customer satisfaction levels and encourages loyalty and repeat bookings.
Here are some issues to consider:
1.In flight movies are always popular. Many passengers want to see the latest Hollywood Blockbusters and regional hits from their countries whilst some will wish to enjoy timeless classics.
2.Music is always popular with passengers and there are lots of genres to choose from when creating an in flight music package. You can offer the latest chart hits, classical music, jazz, reggae and dance music to cater for all tastes. In addition, other audio programmes such as religious, news and business shows are increasingly popular.
3.Many passengers enjoy TV shows during their flights. Spoil them with a broad selection of comedies, documentaries, cartoons, news, sports, drama, non-verbal and local shows.
4. Keeping up to date with national and international news will be important to many passengers and so you may want to consider providing them with a daily news feed.
5. Traditional radio style channels can be included that are hosted by professional DJs. In addition, they can be used to advertise other in-flight services such as duty free goods and portable entertainment systems such as the Sony PSP.
6. A destination video will enable passengers to find out more about what there is to see and do when they land, and can also be used for advertising services such as hotels, car hire and excursions.
7. Consider incorporating a sleep and relaxation application within your in-flight entertainment package to help your passengers relax during their flight. One of the best on the market is pzizz.
8. It is vital to carry out extensive research when compiling your content package. Passenger demographics, route networks, seasonal changes and the success of movies, TV shows and audio content across regions must all be carefully taken into account.
9. Passengers from different cultures will have different expectations and requirements from their in flight entertainment and so you’ll need to be aware of any sensitivities that need to be addressed before content is deployed onboard in order to avoid offence.
10. Make your in-flight entertainment package innovative and diverse by choosing a content service provider with a first class global network of suppliers.
Why not see how else you can make your flights more entertaining, and increase onboard revenues, by enhancing your in-flight entertainment package?